KIRA STOKES' BIOGRAPHY
Kira Stokes, a graduate of Boston College with a BS in psychology and a minor in health science, has excelled in the personal training and fitness industry for over 18 years. She began her career as a partner with Train Boston, New England's premier fitness and training center for serious athletes, and Boston Sports Clubs. She established herself as one of the elite trainers and fitness instructors in the Boston area, becoming a top instructor at world-renowned The Sports Club/LA and Equinox. In 2007, Kira moved to the New York area.
In addition to teaching at elite fitness clubs, since 1998, Kira has been the sole proprietor of her own personal training company, “Kira Stokes Fitness”. Today, Kira’s business includes private one-on-one training, small group training and teaching expert level fitness classes at New York’s premier health clubs including Reebok Sports Club / NY, The Sports Club / LA, Equinox and Revolve Fitness cycling studio, which recently made its NYC debut. She has also taught Core Fusion at NYC's Exhale Spa. Kira's personal training clients include professional athletes, celebrities, television journalists and dignitaries. She has trained co-hosts of the television show “The View” and is currently training
Sherri Shepherd. Kira trained Miss New York 2009, Alyse Zwick, for her preparation for the Miss New York and
Miss America competitions.
Kira's focus is on innovative training, concentrating on transforming the body and mind. She has developed a signature training technique, The Stoked Method, which combines functional and traditional methods of working the body. Her personal training methods have evolved to include a unique combination of strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, sports specific drills, yoga and Pilates. Kira combines all of these disciplines into her proprietary “Stoked Series” of classes: “Stoked360”, “Stoked At The Barre”, “Stoked Primal”, “StokedAbs”, “Stoked Cross-Core”, “Stoked Uptown/Midtown” and her indoor/outdoor boot camp style classes, “Stoked In the Park” and “Stoked FIT (Functional Interval Training)”. Kira holds several certifications including NASM-CPT, NASM-PES, NSCA and Core Fusion as well as specialized certifications in Schwinn Cycle, Pre- and Post-natal, SBT – Suspended Body Weight Training, ViPR and Kettlebells.
Kira has appeared on television, radio, print publications, websites and blogs including:
- Television and radio segments on The View, Live with Regis & Kelly, Rachael Ray Show, TODAY, ABC Eyewitness News, CBS This Morning, Good Morning America, Good Morning America Health, NY1, NECN, Martha Stewart Living Radio, WRKO and WMDB
- Magazine articles in SHAPE, People, SELF, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Oxygen, Marie Claire, Health, Women’s Running, Weight Watchers, Details, Reader’s Digest, and TimeOut New York
- Created and stars in twelve fitness videos for Comcast On-Demand Fitness
- Host of “Stoked TV” on The Health and Wellness Channel launching in 2013
- Consultant on the launch of Jake Steinfeld's ("Body by Jake") on-demand fitness channel "ExerciseTV"
- Contributor to numerous on-line fitness and health sites including Betty Confidential, Well & Good and The Fashion Spot
- Kira works with and represents some of the top fitness brands in the world. She is an ambassador for Lululemon Athletica and has modeled for Reebok and New Balance. She created and appears in the “Fila Fitness Minutes” which run on Fila’s and The Sports Club/LA’s websites.
Get Ready…Get Set…Get STOKED!