KIRA STOKES' BIOGRAPHY
Kira Stokes, a graduate of Boston College with a BS in psychology and a minor in health science, has excelled in the personal training and fitness industry for over 18 years.She began her career as a partner with Train Boston, New England's premier fitness and training center for serious athletes, and Boston Sports Clubs. She established herself as one of the elite trainers and fitness instructors in the Boston area, becoming a top instructor at world-renowned The Sports Club/LA and Equinox. In 2007, Kira moved to the New York area.
Since 1998, Kira has been the sole proprietor of her own personal training company, “Kira Stokes Fitness”. Today, Kira’s business includes private training, small group training and teaching expert level fitness classes at New York’s elite health clubs including Reebok Sports Club/NY, The Sports Club/LA, Equinox and Revolve Fitness cycling studio. She has also taught Core Fusion at NYC's Exhale Spa. Kira's personal training clients include professional athletes, celebrities, television journalists and dignitaries. She has trained co-hosts of the television show “The View” and trains Sherri Shepherd. She also trains co-anchors of “CBS This Morning” and the “Today Show.” Kira trained Miss New York 2009, Alyse Zwick, for her preparation for the Miss New York and Miss America competitions where Ms. Zwick won the swimsuit competition.
Kira's focus is on innovative training, concentrating on transforming the body and mind. She has developed a signature training technique, The Stoked Method, which combines functional and traditional methods of working the body. Her personal training methods have evolved to include a unique combination of strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, sports specific drills, yoga and Pilates. Kira combines all of these disciplines into her proprietary “Stoked Series” of classes: Stoked360™, Stoked C3BarreMAX™, Stoked Primal™, StokedAbs™, Stoked Cross-Core™, Stoked Uptown/Midtown™ and her indoor/outdoor boot camp style classes, Stoked F.I.T. Camp™. Kira holds several certifications including NASM-CPT, NASM-PES, NSCA and Core Fusion as well as specialized certifications in Schwinn Cycle, Pre- and Post-natal, TRX, SBT – Suspended Body Weight Training, ViPR and Kettlebells.
In 2012, Kira was recruited to serve as Master Instructor on the opening team for Revolve Fitness’ first NYC cycling studio. She co-created the “RIP Ride” and revamped the “Body Ride” for Revolve’s New York debut. She also created “Stoked Cross-Cycle” which serves as the standard format for all of Revolve’s cross-training classes.
In June 2013, Kira was selected by Reebok International to serve as a Master Trainer and sponsored athlete. The partnership includes appearances for the Reebok brand, featured athlete and presenter at trade shows and conventions as well as speaking engagements on behalf of Reebok International.
In 2014 Kira was chosen as the celebrity brand partner for BFX Studio Chelsea.
Kira has appeared on television, radio, print publications, websites and blogs including:
- Television and radio segments on The Dr. Oz Show, Today with Hoda and Kathy Lee, The View, Live with Regis & Kelly, Rachael Ray Show, Today Show, CBS This Morning, Good Morning America, Good Morning America Health, ABC News, Live from the Couch, NY1, Fox News, Dr. Steve, Veria Living, CW11, Better TV, NECN, Martha Stewart Living Radio, WRKO, and WMDB
- Magazine articles in SHAPE, People, SELF, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Fitness, More, New York, Oxygen, Marie Claire, Health, Women’s Running, Weight Watchers, Details, Reader’s Digest, and TimeOut New York, Vogue, Muscle and Fitness Hers, Muscle and Fitness, New Beauty, Harper's Bazaar, Star
- Created and stars in twelve fitness videos for Comcast On-Demand Fitness
- Host of “Stoked TV” on The Health and Wellness Channel launching in 2014
- Contributor to numerous on-line fitness and health sites including Betty Confidential, Well & Good, Shape.com and The Fashion Spot, The Sweat Life, Fitness, Yahoo Health, Bella NY, Greatest, Refinery 29
- Kira works with and represents some of the top fitness brands in the world. She served as an ambassador for Lululemon Athletica and has modeled for Reebok and New Balance. She created and appears in the “Fila Fitness Minutes” which run on Fila’s and The Sports Club/LA’s websites.
Get Ready…Get Set…Get STOKED!